Convocation of the BoD29 July 2019
Powers of the BoD29 July 2019
Present Composition of the Board of Directors
According to the Company’s Articles of Association, the BoD members range from seven (7) to eleven (11) members. The present BoD consists of eight members, four (4) executive and four (4) non-executive. From the non-executive members, three (3) are independent, fulfilling the conditions set by Law 3016/2002 and Law 4706/2020. With the decision of the Ordinary General Meeting of 25.06.2021, the position of the non-executive Vice-President of the Board of Directors was established, according to the provisions of law 4706/2020, in parallel with the position of the Executive Vice-President. The persons who comprise the Board of Directors of the company today, are the following:
- Efstratios Andreadis son of Konstantinos, executive member, President of the BoD and CEO.
- Anastasia Andreadou nee Kozlakidi, executive member and Executive Vice-President.
- Apostolos Petalas son of Dimitrios, independent non – executive member, Non Executive Vice-President
- Theodora Koufou, daughter of Dimitrios, executive member.
- Konstantinos Andreadis son of Efstratios, executive member.
- Michael Zarkadis of Spyridon, independent non executive member of the BoD
- Ioannis Apostolakos son of Georgios, independent non – executive member.
- Theofilos Mechteridis son of Ioannis, non – executive member.
The term of the Board, as defined by the General Meeting of 02.06.2022, is three years and expires on 02.06.2025, being automatically extended until the convergence of the Annual Ordinary General Meeting of the year 2025, should it take place after 02.06.2025.
Short CV of the members of the Board of Directors
- Efstratios Andreadis, President of the BoD, executive member of the BoD and Chief Executive Officer.
He was born in Vienna in 1957, Austria. He studied Mathematics at the University of Degli Studi Di Perugia, Italy. He has been active in commerce since 1980. Along with the Vice-President of the Board, Mrs. Anastasia Andreadou, they established “AS Company SA” in 1990 and since then he helds the position of the President of the BoD and CEO.
- Anastasia Andreadou, Executive Vice-President and executive member of the BoD.
She was born in Thessaloniki in 1950. She studied Accounting at “Svarna School” in Thessaloniki. She has been active in commerce since 1982. Along with the President of the Board, Mr Efstratios Andreadis, they established “AS Company SA” in 1990.
- Apostolos Petalas, Non Executive Vice President of the BoD and Independent non-executive member of the BoD, President of the Audit Commitee, President of Nomination and Remuneration Committee
He was born in 1961 in Soufli, Evros. He holds a degree in Business Administration from the University of Piraeus, certified in special programs in Leadership, Executive Management, Economic and Strategic Analysis in the internal education system of Colgate Palmolive and PepsiCo in the USA. From 1985 to 1990 he worked at Colgate Palmolive in various areas of Financial Services. From 1990 to 1999 he held management positions in the Financial Sector of PepsiCo and until 2007 he was President and CEO of PepsiCo in Greece. He is the CEO of the listed “Fourlis S.A. Holdings ” and Member of the Board of the Hellenic Retail Business Association (SELPE).
- Theodora Koufou, Executive Member of the Board of Directors, General Manager
She was born in USA in 1972. She holds a BSc in Financial Studies from New York University and a postgraduate Diploma in Economics from Pace University. She has been working for the Company since September 2001. She was appointed General Manager of AS Company from July 2015. She held the position of Internal Audit Officer of the Company from September 2001 to June 2015. Prior to AS Company, she worked in the USA in the companies John Kaldor USA, Angelika Films and others.
- Konstantinos Andreadis, Non Executive Member of the Board of Directors
Konstantinos Andreadis was born in Thessaloniki in 1980. He attained a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration at Kingston University –ICBS and a Master Degree in Marketing Management at Middlesex University. He was employed at the Company’s Sales Department from 01/12/2004 to 30/09/2016. Since 25.05.2016 and to this day, he is the General Director of AS COMPANY subsidiary company in Cyprus under the name “AS Company Cyprus Ltd”.
- Michael Zarkadis, Independent non-executive member of the Board, member of the Audit Committee, member of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee
He was born in 1960 in Athens. He studied Business Administration at the Athens University of Economics and Business and holds an Executive MBA from the same University. He is registered in the Economic Chamber of Greece as a first class accountant. He has served as a high-ranking financial and administrative executive in “Mattel – SA” (1989 – 2001) and in “Mattel – S.E.E./ M.E.A.” (2001 – 2013). From 1986 to 1988, he also worked as an auditor for the auditing firm PWC. From 2014 to 2017 he was a co-founder and partner in the business consulting company “DEZAVOU ASSOCIATES-FINANCIAL CONSULTANTS PC” and from 2017 until today in the company “SAVE2GROW – BUSINESS CONSULTANTS PC”. He has been a member of the Board of Mattel SA (Managing Director – Chief Financial Officer 1991 – 2013), Member of the Board of Directors of Mattel Italy SRL for two years member of the Global Board of Directors of Mattel.
- Ioannis Apostolakos, Independent non-executive member of the BoD, member of the Audit Committee
He was born in 1964 in Athens. He holds a BSc in Business Administration from the Economic University of Athens and an MBA from the University of Cardiff, Wales. From 1991 to 2004, he has served in various managerial positions in Central Credit and Investment Banking of Eurobank Group (currently EFG Eurobank Ergasias) and Piraeus Bank Group. From 2004 to 2014 he served in high managerial positions in industrial and commercial companies. He has participated in the BoD of listed companies as well as non-listed companies. He is the Administrator of the advisory services company “Ancient Olintheus IKE”, Director of Deloitte.
- Theofilos Mechteridis, Non-executive member of the BoD, member of the Audit Committee, member of the Nomination and Remuneration Committee
He was born in 1966 in Thessaloniki. He studied Business Administration and Economics in the Department of Business Administration of the Technical University of Kavala, Greece. He received his degree as a customs agent in 1989 and since then he has been involved with this profession. He has been cooperating with the company over the last 20 years as customs agent, having specialized experience in international transit trade, import and trading of games.